Monday, December 20, 2010

Chilled to the bone


Well, I am finally at home in Michigan for the next 3 weeks for Christmas break! I must say, it is FREEZING here! I don't think my body has ever taken this long adjusting to Michigan weather. At times, it can be almost unbearable. My mom had to give in and give me one of my Christmas gifts early, a pair of slippers, because pretty much the only time my feet are not numb is when I'm in the shower. It's crazy!
On a better note, I'm so excited for Christmas this year! I'm probably one of those really annoying people that have the Christmas spirit right after (or before) Thanksgiving. I usually start listening to Christmas music about a week before Thanksgiving and I watch Christmas movies all during the week of Christmas. Today I watch "A Muppet Christmas Carol," which is my favorite holiday movie! Tomorrow my aunt and uncle are coming into town and are staying with us for the next week. I'm excited for everyone to get together on my mom's side of the family on Saturday and we'll have Christmas with my dad's side next Tuesday. It is the first year I've had more than one Christmas day! We're baking our traditional Christmas cookies in the morning, which consists of sugar cookies, snickerdoodles, and possibly shortbread cookies. What are some of your family Christmas traditions?!

~Merry Christmas~

No comments:

Post a Comment