Saturday, January 22, 2011

New project!

One of my classes this semester is PR Workshop, which is taking the place of my newspaper workshop class. While I enjoyed writing for the campus newspaper, I felt I needed a change so when this class became available, I jumped on it! I think it will give me more experience in the world of PR before graduating. My project for this semester is helping out with the Memorial Marathon, which takes place at the end of April. OC has its own team, Team OC, which has had the biggest number of participants in Oklahoma City for the last two years.
My job is to get as much media publicity for Team OC as possible. I will be trying to get stories in local newspapers, including the Daily Oklahoman, and hopefully some actual news coverage the week before and the day of the event. I've never done anything like this so I'm really excited! I will be going to News 9 next Friday for a question/answer session and to view their daily morning meeting. Hopefully by doing this I will know who to contact when it gets closer to marathon time. I'm going to try to keep my blog updated with Team OC information and how the plans are going as much as possible!

1 comment: